Effective marketing for the aviation industry born out of proven success
BFT International is the only full service branding, marketing and communication agency in the United States and Western Europe (maybe the world) with a specialty in Aviation Marketing. We firmly believe, though, that this should not be to the exclusion of all else…otherwise we cannot provide a fully rounded service to our aviation clients.
We cover legacy airlines; discount airlines; independent airlines; regional, national hub and international airports; aviation and airport suppliers and dealerships; aircraft manufacturers, FBOs and MROs.
It is fundamental that your marketing partner has a solid understanding of the entire marketplace, not just the business of aviation. When enticing the public—either in the context of B-to-B or B-to-C—to use the services of a particular organization or product it is very necessary to understand the target audience’s rationale when making decisions regarding all their disposable income, not just the portion of it that applies to the aviation marketplace.
In today’s highly competitive and volatile aviation arena your marketing department’s principal focus must be on promoting your company’s attributes to potential clients—regardless of their size. BFT International Aviation Marketing provides a range of coordinated services that will complement your efforts, allowing you to focus on client cultivation and business development while presenting a professional and competitive stance. Our aviation marketing services include:
- Market research and analysis.
- Brand creation or re-branding.
- Market positioning.
- Strategic and tactical advertising.
- Media liaison—coordinating media planning and buying.
- Specialist public relations.
- Trade show promotion.
- Industry presentations.
To assist the needs of smaller aviation organizations all our charges are designed to be highly flexible:
- Fixed management charge or hourly flat rate billing.
- Precise estimates in advance—no last minute invoice surprises.
- Ad-hoc or long term remuneration planning.
We urge you not to waste valuable time working with marketing companies that have no aviation marketing experience. You need a team that speaks your language and thoroughly understands the business of flying. BFT Aviation Marketing has the in-depth experience and the proven skills to help you succeed. Please talk to us first and allow us to demonstrate our successful methods.
The advantages of working with a group of seasoned professionals that know your business (literally) from the ground up are twofold. Firstly, as an obvious benefit, we start from day one with no need for a costly learning curve. Secondly, less obvious is that, as a full service, metropolitan advertising and marketing agency, we bring to bear the wider knowledge of the entire commercial marketplace—this being key to understanding an aviation target audience’s mindset.
Specialist aviation industry market assessment
BFT International Aviation Marketing offers a unique and highly personalized service to help you assess your current marketing efforts and develop a progressive plan for moving your company forward. During the course of a two-day visit we examine all aspects of your market and provide a comprehensive overview, providing recommendations that can be quickly implemented. We recognize that not all aviation organizations are alike, so we help you focus on elements of your business that will progress your particular requirements. This is a great way to reposition your marketing by receiving a different and fresh perspective on ways to build your image with passengers, airlines and corporate clients.
Avoiding the learning curve
Businesses do not have the luxury of a time-consuming and expensive delay waiting for their marketing agency to ‘get up to speed’ with the subtleties of their specific industry. That can never be truer than in the field of aviation marketing. BFT International’s 30 plus years experience of air transportation has provided unique insight.
- We know how airports ‘work’.
- We understand how they must interact with air carriers.
- We appreciate the demands air carriers make.
- We are conversant with existing and potential passengers’ perceptions about flying in general and how that relates to airport choice.
- We have observed the marketing responses implemented by competing airports in a region.
- We have witnessed passengers’ subsequent responses and how that affects leakage.
- We have worked through the constraints forced upon airlines, airports and passengers over recent years and comprehend how that affects both marketing planning and content.
- We are able to advise on the most effective use of marketing funds—knowing that not all areas of need can be addressed.
- We are familiar with the way General Aviation and FBOs are reacting to current market conditions and how this sector is also having to compete for market share.
- We have even partnered our aviation industry clients in niche markets—Light Sport Aircraft, aircraft manufacture, aircraft refurbishment, aircraft dismantling, and flight training.